Going into this event, I would’ve given anything to receive an email from my team saying we no longer were participating. Now, after its all said and done, I feel so silly for feeling that way. I was so worried that my times would negatively affect the group, ruining everyone’s experience. Very early on in the event I realized times really weren’t going to matter and every was just so grateful not to be running my legs that they didn’t care what time I put up as long as I made it to the other side. I am so incredibly happy to have participated. It was exhausting and exhilarating and really just such a blast. It’s something I’ll remember forever. I hope hope hope it’s something I can do again in the near future.
- drawing (poorly) on the van with Liz
- “Motion is lotion!”
- “oh you like that?” tennis ball rolling sessions
- everything funny we ever said became “next year’s team name,” the best one being Pockette Rockettes
- laughing planet and getting lost in Portland because CaSandra thought Powell’s was on Powell instead of Burnside.
- CaSandra shimmying around to her pump up music
- Liz and I being a complete and utter shitshow when we were trying to get food from the back of the van.
- Finishing my night run
- Judy taking off out of the van and running 3 extra miles just to get to the exchange, what a champion
- every time Arlyce would smile at me
- finishing my last leg and knowing I was done!
- heading to the Gearhart house for that first shower, full of sweet relief
- seeing my family
- crossing the finish line!
- driving home and laughing hard with my family before falling asleep on and box of leftover pizza